Visiting Students

Are you an undergraduate student at another university who’s interested in taking a particular course at the University of Toronto? If you have permission from your home university, you may be able to enrol at U of T as a visiting student. The purpose of enrolling in courses as a Visiting Student is to transfer credits back to an undergraduate degree program at your home institution.

Applications are made directly to the U of T division that is offering the course (whether it’s online or in-person). Find the course offerings, as well as instructions on how to enrol, at each of our faculties and campuses below:

Arts & Science Program Areas

Professional Program Areas

Engineering – Special Students

“Special Students” are those taking courses offered by the Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering but are not working towards an undergraduate degree within the Faculty. Often these are also visiting students, who have received a letter of permission from their home university and are working towards a degree at that institution. Learn more about Special Students (Non-Degree) in the Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering.