Minimum Admission Requirements
- Accredited* Senior High School (Upper Middle School) Graduation Diploma;
- Academic Proficiency Test/Upper Middle School Graduation (Hui Kao) Exam; and
- Chinese National University Entrance Exam (Gao Kao)
*Graduation Diploma needs to be issued by the provincial Ministry of Education or an official accredited education body
Students who have written SAT or ACT tests, and wish to have these considered in their assessment, may submit their scores. Please note that applicants to Engineering are required to fully disclose any and all test scores.
Applicants who have written AP exams are encouraged to submit their results.
Prospective students aiming for admission in Fall 2025 should visit this page in September 2024 for updated information about admission requirements.
If you are enrolled in a dual-degree high school system (eg. Sino-US, Sino-UK, Sino-Canadian, etc.), please refer to the admissions requirements needed for the accredited high school graduation diploma you will be receiving upon graduation:
- US Application requirements
- British System requirements
- Canadian High School System requirements
- International High School System requirements
Expanded Admission Requirements by Target Faculty
English Proficiency Requirements
If English is not your first language (i.e. is not the first language you learned at home as a child), you will need to provide evidence of adequate English facility for admission consideration, unless you qualify for an exemption.
For more information, as well as a list of our accepted tests/qualifications for Proof of English Proficiency, please visit: English Language Requirements
Academically qualified students who do not meet our English language requirements may be interested in one of our English Language Programs below:
- St. George Campus: International Foundation Program
- Mississauga Campus: Academic Culture & English Program
- Scarborough Campus: Greenpath Program
Programs that Require a Supplemental Application
If a program requires students to complete a supplemental application, audition, or profile, students will be invited to complete the relevant forms after submitting their application. Learn more about supplemental applications/auditions for first-entry programs that require them:
- Faculty of Arts & Science: Rotman Commerce
- Faculty of Arts & Science: Computer Science
- Faculty of Arts & Science: First Year Foundations (Ones Programs)
- Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering
- John H. Daniels Faculty of Architecture, Landscape, and Design
- Faculty of Music
- Faculty of Kinesiology and Physical Education
- U of T Mississauga
- U of T Scarborough
How to Apply
Applications are completed in a two-step process:
The initial application takes about ten minutes and we won’t ask you for any documents or essays at this stage. There are two different applications you can choose from:
Applying to More Than One Ontario University: Apply through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre
Applying Only to the University of Toronto: Apply using the “University of Toronto International Application” if you reside outside of Canada; and you are not currently studying , nor have previously studied, in Canada.
After applying, students must self-report grades through the Join U of T Applicant Website and/or the Engineering Applicant Portal. Once students submit an initial application, they will receive details on how to submit their transcripts, test scores, and other required documents.