- Undergraduate students in any college or faculty
- Hong Kong students who have completed or are in the process of completing the HKDSE, IB (or equivalent). Applicants must have the prerequisite courses needed for their chosen program at the University of Toronto; have an English proficiency test; intending to begin university studies in the following academic year
- Permanent resident of Hong Kong who will return after graduation (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit); not have citizenship, landed immigrant status, permanent residency or any other claim to residence in Canada
- Demonstrate family financial need
- Have strong personal initiative and community leadership; have a genuine interest in living abroad and wants to enjoy a new cultural experience
- Be committed to developing a career and community service in Hong Kong.
Award Type: Admission
Action: Application Required
Availability: International Students
Level of Study: Undergraduate
Deadline to Apply: 16-Jan-23
Value/Amount: The University of Toronto Hong Kong Scholarships range from CAD 12,500 to 33,000 per year, renewable for 2 to 4 years. The scholarship is tenable only at the University of Toronto.
How to Apply: Refer to the Hong Kong Scholarships Application Package(external link) for full instructions. Register for the Scholarship Information session:
- In-Person Session – Wed, October 26, 2022 at 7:00 pm (HK Time) (registration hyperlink https://forms.gle/C1AVFv6DmPU7skZN9)
- In-Person Session – Sat, November 5, 2022 at 10:00 am (HK Time) (registration hyperlink https://forms.gle/C1AVFv6DmPU7skZN9)
- Webinar Session – Thurs, November 10, 2022 at 8:30 pm (HK Time) (registration hyperlink https://apply.adm.utoronto.ca/register/HongKong2022)