- A student who is, or has been within the last 5 years, an asylum/refugee seeker anywhere in the world (regardless of status in Canada); OR whose current or proposed program of study has been impacted by changing political environments in their country of current or future study, including changes in immigration law; or
- A registered full-time student or a newly admitted student, or a student that has accepted an offer of admission as a transfer student to an undergraduate program on a full-time basis at the University of Toronto for the upcoming academic year, or
- A student studying on a temporary basis (e.g. exchange) at the University of Toronto during a time of conflict or political turmoil in the country in which they are registered. These students would have special registration status.
- A student that can demonstrate financial need.
Award Type: Admission Current students Grant
Action: Application Required
Availability: Domestic Students International Students
Level of Study: Undergraduate
Deadline to Apply: 03-Jun-22
Value/Amount: up to $10,000
How to Apply: Undergraduate applications for this program are administered the University Registrar's Office and will be reviewed on a rolling basis. To apply:
- Complete the U of T Undergraduate Student Awards Application Form and describe your current status within the last five years as either an asylum seeker or refugee (regardless of status in Canada) and how your proposed program of study has been impacted by changing political environments in your country of current or future study, including changes in immigration law.
- Provide a letter in support of your application. (Optional)
- Email the completed form (in PDF format) firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No paper application will be accepted
- Students registered in graduate programs must apply through the School of Graduate Studies.
- Applicants will be informed of the award decisions by email. This is usually within a month or two after the application deadline.
- Award recipients will receive an award letter by email. The award letter will include information on the award payment and should be kept for future reference.