Students who have been nominated by their schools as National Book Award recipients may submit applications to the National Scholarship Program. In addition, students who identify themselves as meeting the scholarship criteria are invited to apply directly for the National Scholarship, without having been nominated for the Book Award.
- an original and creative thinker committed to school and community
- a high achiever in academic and creative pursuits
- enthusiastic about learning and intellectual exploration
- a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected person currently in your final year of Canadian secondary school or first-year CEGEP
intending to begin university the following academic year
- a National Book Award nominee or self-identify as meeting the criteria above
Award Type: Scholarship - On Admission
Action: Application Required
Availability: Domestic Students
Level of Study: Undergraduate
Value/Amount: The National Scholarship covers tuition, incidental and residence fees for up to four years of study. Finalists not designated as National Scholars receive Arbor Scholarships at a value of $7,500 in the first year and $1,500 per year for three additional years of undergraduate study. The scholarship is tenable only at the University of Toronto.
Academic Year: 2019-2113
How to Apply:
Application instructions will be updated by end of August 2019