Eligibility: Recipient must:
- be residents of Regent Park/Moss Park & Cabbagetown
- demonstrate strong academic potential
- have demonstrated the ability and desire to succeed in post secondary studies however have faced long term obstacles that have presented challenges in obtaining post secondary education attainment (including family circumstances, financial barriers and or environmental obstacles)
- 2 graduating grade 8 students entering the Pathways to Education Regent Park Program and
- 2 graduating grade 12 student enrolled in the Pathways to Education Regent Park Program.
Award Type: Admission
Action: Application Required
Availability: Domestic Students
Level of Study: Undergraduate
Value/Amount: $5000 per year for four years of university study, conditional upon satisfactory academic progress. Recipients may have access to a summer internship program with The Star after completion of their first year of study
How to Apply: Pathways to Education is invited to identify potential candidates for this award on the basis of the award criteria. Candidates will be considered by the Pathways to Education Regent Park selection committee prior the final selection by The Beland Honderich Award University of Toronto committee.