Click on this link to apply: Summer 2020 full-time OSAP extension application
Use the U of T Summer OSAP Extension application if you received full-time OSAP at the University of Toronto in the 2019-2020 Fall and/or Winter term(s) and you’re applying for additional funding for full-time Summer studies. This is replacing the paper application that we offered in previous years.
Before you proceed to the application, make sure that you meet the course load requirements.
For undergraduate students the course load requirements are:
- If you will be in school from May-August you must enrol in and pass at least 1.5 credits (1.0 for students with an OSAP profile permanent disability)
- If you will be in school for just May-June or just July-August, you must enrol in and pass at least 1.0 credit (0.5 for students with an OSAP profile permanent disability )
For graduate students, you must have full-time registration status or Confirmation From Your Coordinator that you will be in at least a 60% course load (or at least a 40% with an OSAP profile permanent disability).
Students in lower course loads should apply for Part-Time OSAP for the summer term. The part-time application can be accessed from the OSAP website.
For graduate students in a Theology program, you must submit a Theology Addendum form with your OSAP application.
If you did not receive full-time OSAP at U of T in the 2019-2020 Fall and/or Winter term(s):
- submit an application for May-August funding on the OSAP website.
- you are only eligible for full-time OSAP if you will be enrolled full-time continuously from May-August.
Going on Exchange?
Students taking a CIE Exchange for the summer must meet the same course load requirements as students studying on campus: If you are studying for the whole summer you must be receiving at least 1.5 credits (1.0 for students with an OSAP profile permanent disability ). If you are studying for half the summer, you typically need to receive at least 1.0 credit (0.5 for students with an OSAP profile permanent disability ). When you submit your Summer OSAP application, you also will need to provide an Exchange Cover Sheet and proof of your study dates.
Not sure if your program qualifies? Contact Enrolment Services for help.
Summer tuition fee deferral: See the Student Accounts Website for information about your division’s registration or deferral deadlines. For best results, submit your Summer OSAP Extension application on or before March 31, 2020 (recommended deadline). Follow the directions on ACORN to request a fee deferral after your summer invoice appears in mid-April.
Final summer OSAP Extension application deadlines:
- The final deadline to submit the Extension application is: 40 days before the end of your full-time summer study period
St. George Arts and Science:
- May-June extension: May 16, 2020
- May-August or July-August extension: July 18, 2020
- May-June extension: May 10, 2020
- May-August or July-August extension: July 12, 2020
- May-June extension: May 11, 2020
- May-August or July-August extension: July 16, 2020
Final Summer OSAP Website application deadline (first time OSAP applicants for the year):
- Application: 60 days before the end of your full-time Summer May-August studies
- Documents: 40 days before the end of your full-time Summer May-August studies
Applications submitted after these deadlines cannot be processed. These deadlines are set by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
Check your status
Once you have submitted your application, check your account at the OSAP website for assessment details starting in late April. Processing time is 4-6 weeks. If you submitted your Summer OSAP Extension application by March 31 and you are eligible for funding, the funds will be released/redirected to outstanding fees within the first two weeks of your summer term. You will receive notifications from OSAP either on paper or on the OSAP message centre (depending on your preferences) when there are updates.
Receiving Your Funding
A few days before the start of your classes, OSAP will ask U of T to confirm your enrolment. You must be registered in the required course load, and you must have a status of “Registered” in the 2020 summer session on ACORN. Registration means that you’ve either made the minimum payment, or have received a fee deferral. Students who applied by March 31 should receive their funding within the first two weeks of classes. If you registered without payment, your OSAP funding may be directed to U of T to pay your tuition and fees. If you’re ineligible for OSAP, you must start paying your fees when you receive notification of your OSAP ineligibility/refusal.
OSAP Satisfactory Academic Progress Requirements
In order to maintain eligibility for future OSAP funding, students are required to stay enrolled in and pass the minimum course load. Failure to complete the minimum required course load can result in an OSAP academic probation or ineligibility for future OSAP funding.
Need to make changes to your application information?
You will be able to make changes to a saved Summer OSAP Extension Application until you submit your application. After your application is submitted, changes to your summer plans or circumstances must be provided to the Financial Aid office in writing.
- For changes to your income, please provide a signed letter indicating the new total income for the summer study period, and indicate the source of the income (e.g. employment, scholarship)
- If you want to change your study period (for example, changing from May-June to May-August), please provide a signed letter indicating:
- Your new intended study period
- How many classes you plan on taking
- Your expected income for your entire summer study period
Where to submit your changes (by mail or in person):
- St. George campus: Enrolment Services, 172 St. George St. Toronto, ON M5R 0A3
- Mississauga campus: UTM Registrar’s office, Room 1235, Innovation Complex, 3359 Mississauga Road. Mississauga, ON L5L 1C6
- Scarborough campus: UTSC Registrar’s office, Highland Hall, Main Floor, 1265 Military Trail. Toronto, ON M1C 1A4