Community and Leadership
You’ll find many options for developing leadership skills and putting your knowledge to work in the local community. Here are some ways you can get involved.
The Centre for Community Partnerships develops partnerships with community organizations. These partnerships have a dual aim to build educational capacity within communities of the GTA and Peel regions, and to enhance and broaden learning for students on all three University of Toronto campuses.
Take part in workshops, seminars and individual consultations to help you identify and develop academic skills for your studies.
- Build your academic skills with One-on-One Student Appointments
- Join a Peer Facilitated Study Group
- Participate in Skills and Writing Workshops
Leadership is about challenging yourself to become an agent of change: personally and for the community. Develop your own personal philosophy of leadership and explore what being a leader means to others, and within your community.
- Invest in your growth and development;
- Allow you to develop tangible skills, meet new people and create opportunities to explore both local and global perspectives;
- Engage with the community; enhance your connectedness with the community and contribute to a personal sense of satisfaction and happiness
Find leadership programming and workshops on the St. George campus.
A team of dedicated professionals from diverse academic backgrounds can help you develop the skills, strategies and competencies that you need to succeed. Open to students from all faculties and disciplines (undergraduate or graduate).
Get involved in life outside the classroom through a series of engaging workshops. You will learn and develop academic, leadership and other skills that will serve as the foundation on which you will build your experience.
The Academic Advising & Career Centre integrates developmental advising, learning skills, career counselling and employment coaching through individual appointments, workshops, experiential programming, events and a range of online resources.
- Tap into the vast professional experience of UTSC grads through the Partners in Leadership Alumni Mentorship Program
- Take your time management and study skills to the next level with the Study Skills Success Certificate Program
- Book a Study Skills Peer Coaching appointment to develop effective study strategies and improve your grades