The scholarship is open to undergraduate or graduate students studying gerontology, medicine, nursing, social work, socioloty, psychology, physical/occupational therpay, speech pathology and long-term care administration
A Place for Mom Senior Wisdom Video Scholarship: Five $1000 scholarships available to students enrolled in an associate’s, bachelor’s, certificate or graduate level program at an accredited school in the fields of gerontology, medicine, nursing, social work, sociology, psychology, physical or occupational therapy, speech pathology or long-term care administration. Students must be 18 years of age or older and a citizen or permanent resident of the US or Canada (Excluding Quebec).
1. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
• a. Your first and last name in the subject line.
• b. Letter of introduction describing your history working or volunteering with seniors, why you’re seeking a degree in your field and why you feel you would be a good candidate for this scholarship award. You must be planning on a career working with senior citizens in order to be eligible for this scholarship.
• c. A signed copy of the Scholarship Award Agreement.
2. Fill out the Student Information Form (basic contact info, name of college, major)
3. Email email@example.com with your video and title your video file with your first and last name (eg. JohnDoe.mp4)
1st Quarter – Scholarship recipient is selected by April 16, 2018 for all applications submitted from September 1, 2017 through March 30, 2018.
2nd Quarter – Scholarship recipient is selected by July 16, 2018 for all applications submitted from April 1, 2018 through June 30, 2018.
3rd Quarter – Scholarship recipient is selected by October 17, 2018 for all applications submitted from July 1, 2018 through September 30, 2018.