If you are currently enrolled in or have completed the International Baccalaureate Diploma, here’s what you need to know about our admission requirements:
- The International Baccalaureate Diploma, including at least three Higher Level courses and English HL or SL is required for admission.
- Prerequisite courses can be presented at either the Standard or Higher Level.
- For programs with a Math prerequisite, Mathematics SL or HL is required. Math Studies is not acceptable.
- A total score of 27, excluding bonus points, is required for admission consideration. More competitive programs require a significantly higher score.
- If you are currently enrolled, you must submit your predicted IB results (1-7 scale), confirmation that you are completing the full IB Diploma, a current transcript including any mid-term/mid-year results available, and complete the online self-reported grades form.
- Final IB results must be sent to the University electronically by the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO).
- For Engineering programs, Mathematics (recommended at Higher level), Physics and Chemistry (at either level) are required. Visit the Discover Engineering website for more details.
- Find out which IB courses can be considered for transfer credits.
- Be sure you also check the additional requirements for your intended area of study.
New IB Mathematics courses with first assessment in May 2021
The following IB Math courses will satisfy the Calculus prerequisite for science and business programs:
Mathematics: Applications and Interpretations HL
Mathematics: Analysis and Approaches SL
Mathematics: Analysis and Approaches HL
Mathematics: Applications and Interpretations SL will satisfy the Advanced Functions prerequisite. For engineering programs, please consult the Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering directly.